Microsoft’s policies state that children under 18 must be able to modify their account settings. This will prevent Minecraft showing 18+ content, which is highly recommended for children.
Parents can control Minecraft and other games on XBOX and Microsoft’s platforms. This ensures that there is no inappropriate content between games. You can modify these settings in Aka.ms/accountsettings, and today, we’ll be sharing the exact methods to do so. We also discussed recently aka.ms/remoteconnect error in Minecraft.
With that being said, let’s see how to change Aka.ms/accountsettings settings on your Microsoft account.
What is Aka.ms/accountsettings?
There are several settings that can be altered to allow kids access to online matchmaking and multiplayer, according the Minecraft policies. These settings can found in Microsoft account settings.
If you’re over 18, and still receive the aka ms settings notification, you can modify your Microsoft account settings to get rid of it. Microsoft offers an easy data synchronization feature that allows you access the same application settings on another device. All you need is to have your Microsoft account connected to that app.
A single Microsoft account connects all devices and makes it much easier for data to be synced.
It’s easy to transfer all your settings from one device and not have to repeat the whole process. If you wish to update the profile picture for all devices signed in to Microsoft accounts, you can do so by going to the Microsoft account settings and changing it.
The changes will be reflected once the data has been synced across all devices. The following sections will guide you through the steps. But before we get started, let’s look at how to use these settings in Xbox.
Aka Ms / AccountSettings for Xbox
Xbox 360 and Live have made many privacy and policy changes over the years to ensure that children’s accounts are protected while they play online, multiplayer, or communicate with each other via voice chat or in-game chat.
Microsoft offers a unique set of safety and privacy options for child accounts. All of the account data between Microsoft devices is easily synced via the Xbox account or Microsoft Account.
You must manually change these Microsoft account settings if you are older than 18 so you can enjoy Xbox games without any restrictions.
To do so,
- Go to the Xbox settings page.
- This can be done on your PC by visiting the online settings panel.
- Register using the correct credentials and your Microsoft account.
- The settings page contains all privacy settings.
- If you’re under 18, you have the option to remove Xbox online safety. However, you can still keep it selected for those who want more security while playing video games.
- Before you submit the settings, double-check them again.
- That’s it. You have now successfully changed your privacy settings for your Microsoft account or Xbox account.
How can I modify the privacy settings of Minecraft PE?
It can be difficult to join multiplayer games if you have child account settings enabled in Minecraft. You can change these settings easily by going to aka.ms account settings.
- Step one is to go to https://account.xbox.com/settings Use your parent account.
- View your child’s profile. Click that.
- Click on Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Box.
- Next, select the permitted option and save the settings.
- Once you have done this, you can easily create and join clubs or play multiplayer games.
Fixed: Aka Ms Account Settings Not Working
Sometimes you may not be able to connect to the internet due to your Microsoft account’s privacy settings. This happens with Xbox games connected through your Microsoft Account. Many people cannot play Minecraft on a Microsoft-connected Xbox. This could be due to slow devices or faulty networks. There are however more specific solutions available if you wish.
- Double-check that you are using the non-beta version of Minecraft. Most of the Minecraft Realms can only be found on non-beta Minecraft versions.
- You could switch to the upgraded version and start over with the new game.
- Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus will prevent you from opening a game.
- Connect your laptop/desktop to an Ethernet network if possible. This may make your game run faster and more smoothly.
Setting up Aka Ms Account Settings can be complicated if you don’t have the right knowledge. If you’ve read the article thoroughly, then all your questions about Xbox account safety settings and protocols will be solved.