Mordekaiser is a versatile champion in the League of Legends universe. He is a powerful fighter with multiple area of effect abilities and can also become an unkillable, unstoppable juggernaut when played correctly. With a vast array of tools, Mordekaiser is a great champion for any player.
In this article, we’ll introduce you to Mordekaiser, review his abilities, and provide some tips on playing him effectively:
Mordekaiser is an iconic League of Legends (LoL) champion known for his terrifying presence in the game. He is a juggernaut, meaning he fits reasonably comfortably in both the top lane and the jungle. As a top laner, Mordekaiser looks to use his strength and natural tankiness to gain control of mid game objectives such as taking down turrets or forcing team fights by diving enemies. In the jungle, he uses his Mixed Damage and innate tankiness to clear camps quickly and efficiently.
Mordekaiser has a variety of abilities in LoL that can either be used aggressively or defensively, depending on the situation. His flagship ability is Iron Man which allows him to convert incoming damage into a shield that reduces incoming damage taken by himself. Mordekaiser’s ultimate ability Children of the Grave allows him to instantly kills most champions if they don’t have sufficient health when their death timer expires while also giving him some extra life while they remain alive.
When playing Mordekaiser mid-game focus your efforts on controlling objectives such as towers and dragon, along with attempting aggressive plays around these areas if necessary. During late-game concentrate on split pushing objectives like towers and inhibitor which will distract enemy team enough for your team to get ready for them before dealing objectively damage leaving them no chance of recovering from your push later in the game:
- Control mid-game objectives such as towers and dragon.
- Attempt aggressive plays around these areas if necessary.
- Split push objectives like towers and inhibitor.
- Deal objectively damage leaving them no chance of recovering from your push later in the game.
Champion Strengths and Weaknesses
Mordekaiser is a strong champion when played in the right way, with a unique play-style that is easy to learn. He has enormous amounts of damage and survivability at his disposal and can easily be used to rack up kills in early game team fights.
Mordekaiser’s main strengths are his armor-shredding passive, Ironman, his Soul Steal passive which allows him to bank souls on each kill, and two powerful offensive spells: Mace of Spades which deals large physical damage and Obliterate which deals large, area of effect magic damage. His ultimate is an incredibly potent crowd control tool as it allows Mordekaiser to banish enemies into an iron prison, dealing massive true damage while they are trapped.
On the flip side however Mordekaiser is a very poor wave clear champion due to his lack of area-of-effect abilities, making it difficult for him to have impact in the late game. On top of this he has a long cooldown on most of his abilities; meaning if he does not get any kills or assists during a fight then he can quickly become useless as he will be unable to follow up on any ganks or team fights efficiently. In addition those same long cooldowns also mean that choosing when and where to use them correctly is essential for Mordekaiser players; making their decision making skills very important when playing him correctly.
Mordekaiser is a powerful champion in League of Legends. His abilities are powerful and versatile. In this article, we’ll go over the specifics of his abilities and how they can be used to the best advantage.
This includes a rundown of what each ability does and how to use them best when playing Mordekaiser:
- Ability 1
- Ability 2
- Ability 3
- Ability 4
Mordekaiser’s passive ability is known as Iron Man. Killing or assisting in killing an enemy champion grants Mordekaiser a temporary shield, which absorbs damage and lasts until it’s depleted or for 11 seconds, whichever happens first. The shield amount granted is determined by Mordekaiser’s level: 75/150/225 at levels 1/7/13 respectively. The shield amount then increases by +50 at levels 8, 14, and 15 (275/350/425).
This ability allows Mordekaiser to sustain long enough to survive during fights alone or with his team. Additionally, this passive activates whenever Mordekaiser inflicts damage on an enemy with a spell or basic attack in teamfights and skirmishes – granting him the opportunity to fight more aggressively without repercussions.
Mordekaiser’s Q ability is called “Mace of Spades,” and it gives Mordekaiser a powerful smashing attack in which he swings his legendary mace and emits a damaging shock wave. The power of the shock wave increases with Mordekaiser’s attack damage, and if it kills an enemy unit, it will restore a portion of his health. Additionally, the cooldown for this ability is reduced by 30% when Mordekaiser destroys an enemy turret with it. This makes the ability extremely effective for taking towers and pressuring enemies in lane.
Mordekaiser’s W ability, Iron Man, gives him a powerful shield that absorbs incoming physical damage. This can be activated twice in quick succession and increases his size, making it easier to hit enemies. The duration of the shield and its power depends on how much health Mordekaiser has. The more he has, the longer and stronger the shield becomes. When the duration ends, any additional damage taken is reflected back at his opponent.
All in all, this ability makes Mordekaiser incredibly resilient against physical attacks and is essential for surviving team fights or taking on opponents one-on-one.
The E-Ability is a measure of the effectiveness of a person’s application of knowledge, competencies and resources in meeting tasks, challenges and opportunities. It includes the capacity to solve problems and use information appropriately to make decisions. An individual’s E-Ability can be determined using tools such as assessments, surveys or interviews.
E-Ability consists of three key components: cognitive ability, affective ability and knowledge/skill base. Cognitive ability involves the application of analytic thought processes such as problem solving and logical reasoning. Affective ability involves the executive functioning skills necessary for goal setting, relationship management, prioritizing tasks and managing stress. Knowledge/skill base includes the proactive use of appropriate information for decision making; integration skills allowing for the development of holistic solutions; and maintenance skills related to sustained accuracy over time.
A person’s E-Ability will change depending on their circumstances – having a good Knowledge/Skill base is not necessarily indicative of an effective problem solver when there are other factors involved such as emotion or stress levels. With an effective assessment process in place, it is possible to measure an individual’s current E-Ability across each component in order to provide feedback regarding current levels, intentions or goals related to further development in this area.
Mordekaiser’s R Ability is named Children of the Grave and is one of his powerful CCs. This ability deals magic damage to an enemy champion, and if they die within 4 seconds of being damaged by this ability, Mordekaiser summons their ghost as an ally for a limited amount of time. The ghost assists Mordekaiser in combat and has abilities matching those of the original champion. Mordekaiser also gains health from any damage done by the ghost’s attacks.
Additionally, if Mordekaiser dies while a ghost is present on the battlefield, it will remain until its duration runs out or it gets killed by an enemy champion.
Tips and Tricks
Mordekaiser is a champion in League of Legends (LoL) with a lot of potential when it comes to his kit. With some clever play, there are a lot of ways to capitalize on his strength and outplay enemies. This article will provide you with some tips and tricks to use Mordekaiser successfully in LoL.
From item builds to lane matchups, this guide will tell you all the essential information you need to know about this powerful champion:
- Item builds
- Lane matchups
- Tips and tricks
Mordekaiser is typically played in the top lane in League of Legends, and he’s best suited for a solo lane. His playstyle hinges upon a player’s ability to understand his role and spot openings that his kit can capitalize on.
Early game, players should try to make use of Mordekaiser’s oppressive capabilities by pushing the lane off beat, being mindful of when to take risks and when it might be better to be defensive.
Most players use Mordekaiser’s E (Harvesters of Sorrow) as their primary farming ability early on. Although it has an extraordinarily long cooldown at higher levels, you can quickly set up a rhythm with this ability while your W (Mace of Spades) is still on cooldown. Harvesters also gives Mordekaiser some good engage potential with procs on the minions that can be used for decent trades or quick all-ins.
When it comes to trading in the early stages, there are two main strategies players must employ: Poke warring and all-ins.
- Poke warring involves constantly pushing your opponent offbeat then pulling back as soon as they move forward once again—this is done mainly with his E and auto-attacks while WCD works as an escape or sustain tool.
- All-ins are just what they sound like – when you hard commit to an all-in pressure try to make sure you have reliable crowd control ready such as flash ult or Q (Obliterate). This can help secure kills if used correctly especially when playing against melee champions like Fiora, Tryndamere, etc..
As you enter the mid game in playing Mordekaiser, you should focus increasingly on taking control of the map by working with your team to secure objectives and vision around the map. Without vision, it is difficult to identify where the enemy team is and capitalize when they’re caught out of position– a key component to success for Mordekaiser.
With respect to engaging and skirmishes, load yourself up with items that grant high levels of magic resistance (in addition to health refill items such as Crystalline flask) to give yourself an edge against enemy mages. Additionally, make sure you use Siphon of Destruction liberally whenever it’s available– it has an incredibly long range and others plenty of poke damage while topping off your health bar. Be careful not to get overextended when looking for kills as well – if you’re too far away from your team or cannot hit your ultimate (Children of the Grave), then it’s not worth chasing down that low health target! Remember that if your ultimate is down – engage with caution and be aware that there may be counter-engage coming from other members on their team.
When it comes to the late game, Mordekaiser is best utilized as an offensive tank with a good lick of armor or magic resist to stand up to the enemy’s strongest hits. He should be used to initiate team fights and peel for his carries when needed. He can also be seen aggressively pushing lanes with his Iron Man passive and minions alongside him.
His ultimate ability Realm of Death is a great way to isolate an enemy and finish them off quickly in one-on-one scenarios, while in team fights it can distract multiple targets while allies get ahead in fast-paced situations.
All in all, Mordekaiser plays most effectively when used as an offensive tank that holds the frontline and applies constant pressure if used correctly.
When playing Mordekaiser in League of Legends, it’s important to equip the right items. The right selection of items can give an edge and help you to secure the win.
To start off, the core build for Mordekaiser should include items like the Hextech Gunblade, Infinity Edge and Thornmail. These items improve Mordekaiser’s overall damage, survivability, and crowd control.
Keep reading to find out more about the best items for Mordekaiser.
Core items are the essential items to buy as Mordekaiser when playing in a game. These items set the foundations for your build and should be adapted over time – here’s what you need to know about them.
The most efficient item purchases for Mordekaiser primarily consist of attack damage, health, armor or magic resistance, and cooldown reduction. Depending on how you prefer to play the champion (and of course, depending on what your opponents dictate during any given game) the best core items may vary greatly. Below we have listed some of the most common and well-rounded initial choices for Mordekaiser:
- Trinity Force – A powerful item choice that provides several stats advantageous to Mordekaiser such as life steal, attack speed, movement speed and even increased spell damage thanks to its Sheen effect.
- Black Cleaver – This item provides high amounts of attack damage, as well as allowing Mordekaiser’s attacks to reduce enemy armor every 3rd hit; making it a great choice if you plan on focusing an enemy down quickly early game.
- Last Whisper – Purchasing this item is usually a good idea against teams with high levels of physical damage mitigation due to its flat armor penetration stat boost; allowing more damage output against tanky targets with heavy armor ratings.
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade – Offering plenty of attack speed and an additional magic damage boost per autoattack makes this perfect for snowballing advantages during fights early game or keeping raiders away from objectives later on in laning phases.
- Mercurial Scimitar – Perfectly useful against heavy crowd control comps like maokai/brand bot lane easily negating large points of their stun potential. The magical spell vamp also helps keep him healthier when fighting close range targets ensuring his ability procs go off without problems either way.
When playing with Mordekaiser, it is important to consider purchasing situational items. These are items that provide powerful boosts but also provide a cost benefit that must be weighed against other potential choices. For instance, if you are being focused by an enemy team with strong magical damage, it might be worth investing in an item like Abyssal Scepter to reduce the magical damage taken. However, if you are already doing well and need some extra survivability or protection from crowd control effects, it might be better to invest in an item like Zhonya’s Hourglass or Locket of the Iron Solari.
There is no single item combination that works for all situations – the best build forEach game is going to depend heavily on individual match-ups and team compositions. It’s important to assess the situation before investing too heavily in any one item. Some common situational items for Mordekaiser include:
- Abyssal Scepter: Reduces magic damage taken and provides a boost to magic penetration and mana regeneration
- Zhonya’s Hourglass: Provides a large boost to armor and ability power while also providing invulnerability when activated, making it invaluable against heavy crowd control teams
- Locket of the Iron Solari: Grants a protective shield around nearby allies while providing decent boosts in armor and magic resistance
- Randuin’s Omen: Slow enemies on hit while providing a sizable boost to health, armor, cooldown reduction and health regeneration
- Wit’s End: Grants increased attack speed, attack damage as well as bonuses against enemy magical attacks
The best way to counter Mordekaiser in League of Legends is to pick champions with strong crowd control or poke. Crowd control will help keep Mordekaiser from getting to close to your team and provide ample opportunities to pick him off while poke will help you continuously chip away at his health, making it difficult for him to get close.
Let’s explore some of the strongest champions to pick against Mordekaiser:
Champions to Avoid
No champion should be feared in a game of League of Legends, but there are some champions that Mordekaiser has a tougher time against. Here’s a run-down of the champions to avoid when you’re playing Mordekaiser.
- Mage Champions: Mages are traditionally weak against Mordekaiser’s magical prowess, but this changes if the mage champion can avoid huge amounts of damage. Mages like Brand and Veigar can outplay Mordekaiser, even with his equipment. Use caution when deciding whether or not you want to pick a fight against one of these dangerous opponents.
- Tanks: Tanks are difficult for many champions to face off against and Mordekaiser is no exception. With additional armor, magic resist, and health buffs they can easily survive an encounter with any champion they may meet. Be mindful and patient when dealing with tanks; don’t rush into fights where you’re outmatched in terms of health points! Think twice before taking on an opponent who knows how to use their natural defenses effectively.
- Tanky Fighters: Champions such as Garen, Riven, Jax, Kled and Olaf have similar stats to tanks but also boast great offensive capabilities making them difficult opponents for most dragonslayers. Choose your battles wisely when facing off against these tanky fighters – dodge the spells meant to give them buffs and extra shields if necessary so that you don’t take too much damage in return!
- Assassins: Assassins can easily slip into fights with teamwork or lucky ultimate abilities used by surprise – so be sure to watch closely for these maneuvers! If you trust your team enough then use it as bait to lure them into believing they can easily take you down – only then will they fall prey to your traps and ambushes instead! Be wary though; some assassins modify their builds specifically towards countering Mordekaiser so make sure your support team is there just in case!
Champions to Target
Mordekaiser is a powerful champion in the League of Legends game and he can have a major impact on team fights if used correctly. It’s important to understand which champions to target when using Morderkaiser in order to maximize his potential. Below are a list of champions that are good targets for Mordekaiser to help you reach your team objectives:
- Vayne: Vayne is relatively squishy and her lack of mobility makes her an easy target for Mordekaiser’s ultimate.
- Kled: Due to Kled’s reliance on comboing his abilities, he can be an easy target for Mordekaiser as well because it leaves him vulnerable during the entire animation.
- Karma: Karma is another champion whose abilities require her to stay in one spot, making her easy prey for Mordekaiser due to her lack of escape options.
- Zyra: With Zyra’s ability kit relying heavily on spamming spells, Mordekaiser will be able to take advantage of this weakness by rootlocking and bursting her down quickly with his E+Q combo.
Keep these popular champions in mind when playing as Mordekaiser and look to exploit their weaknesses – you won’t regret it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What is Mordekaiser’s role in League of Legends?
A:Mordekaiser is a fighter/tank champion. He is best used as an off-tank, dealing damage while still providing some crowd control or other forms of utility.
Q:What are Mordekaiser’s special skills?
A:Mordekaiser has a number of powerful abilities that allow him to deal damage, survive in team fights, and control the flow of battle. His main ability is Iron Man, which grants him a shield based on the damage he deals. He also has a stun, a pull, and a powerful ultimate that can turn the tide of battle.
Q:What kind of playstyle should support Mordekaiser?
A:Mordekaiser should be played aggressively, as his abilities allow him to deal a lot of damage quickly. His kit also allows him to tank some damage and crowd control enemies, which makes him a great asset to his team.