Qiyana, the Empress of the Elements, is a fierce melee champion who uses her elemental magic to master her surroundings. She is a bold, yet wise champion who will bring versatility and versatility to your team in League of Legends.
In this article, you’ll learn all that you need to know about Qiyana, including:
- Her abilities.
- Her playstyle.
- How to effectively use her on the battlefield.
Overview of Qiyana
Qiyana is a champion released in the August 2019 update of League of Legends. She is an assassin-mage hybrid character, with crowd control and burst damage tools which allow her to quickly take down enemies. Qiyana is highly mobile and has access to a variety of elemental bonuses based on her environment position within the match. Additionally, she has access to a powerful Ultimate that can force enemies away by pushing them back, or suck them towards her with a pull.
Qiyana has a unique playstyle due to her combination of melee and magical attacks. She excels in fights requiring quick engagements and disengagements and will often find success when jumping around the lane alone, or as part of teamfights focusing on picking off low health targets one by one. Her crowd control abilities are also strong when used against multiple targets at once, helping her team secure objectives in the middle of chaotic battles.
Qiyana’s Background Story
Qiyana is a new champion for League of Legends that has powerful elemental abilities and a background story full of royalty, revenge and danger. As the self-proclaimed Empress of Ixaocan, Qiyana harnesses powers from the land, ruling with a total lack of hesitance. The confident young conqueror has been pampered her whole life, enticed by the power and privilege inherent in being a princess.
Born with royal blood, she ultimately grew tired of life in the palace court and left to follow a path all her own; one driven by ambition and desire to ascend to even greater heights.
With her smarts, popularity and high position in society all backing her ability to aim high – Qiyana grew up strong, willful and confident enough to consider any task within possibility no matter how lofty or daring it may seem. Alongside her boisterous attitude towards life came mana-infused control over nature as she uses four different elements to perform attacks:
- Earth for single-target damage;
- Wind for speeding up allies or slowing foes;
- Water for multi-targeted damage; and
- River that grants movement speeds on allies or leash immobilizing enemies.
With these newfound powers available at her fingertips there’s almost nothing stopping Qiyana from accomplishing whatever it is she sets out to do; which makes true power quite irresistible indeed!
Qiyana is a powerful champion in League of Legends with a diverse set of abilities that can be used in a variety of ways. Her passive, Supreme Display of Talent, allows her to infuse her weapons with elemental power, granting her extra damage and effects depending on which element she chooses. She also has abilities that allow her to manipulate the terrain and control the battlefield, making her a formidable opponent.
Let’s take a look at her abilities and how they can be used in game:
Passive – Royal Privilege
Qiyana’s passive, Royal Privilege, grants her bonus attack damage and adaptive force when she casts a spell from an element-empowered region.
The way it works is that Qiyana can only cast an element-empowered spell if she’s standing in the area of effect for that particular element. Each element will grant her a unique bonus:
- Water gives Qiyana increased movement speed;
- Earth grants her extra armor and magic resist;
- Wind grants her bonus Attack Speed;
- Fire gives her extra damage on hit.
Qiyana also grows in power with each successive empowered spell she casts. She gains additional adaptive force with each cast, stacking up to five times and granting her increased attack damage. With full five stacks of adaptive force, Qiyana gains 50% attack speed and 10% crit chance in the form of stats OR 10 more base attack damage OR 20 ability power. This passive truly allows Qiyana to excel at any kind of ranged combat whether it be physical or magical due to its versatility.
Q – Terrashape
Q – Terrashape is Qiyana’s two-part crowd control ability. When it’s on cooldown, Qiyana reaches out to a personal armory of weapons, terrain pieces and elemental channels in the zone around her. When activated, she first blasts a nearby terrain piece forward in a line to damages and slows enemies, then charges it up with elemental energy creating an expanded version of the terrain piece. When charged up fully, it will stun all enemies crossing its path. This varies between champions depending on which one is the nearest when the ability is casted.
W – Audacity
Qiyana’s W ability is Audacity, a close-ranged skillshot that can be activated by pressing W in combat. This skillshot fires a wave of energy that explodes on impact and damages enemies hit as well as slowing them down. This wave has a big area of effect, however, it is slow and predictable making enemies fairly easy to dodge.
If you hit an enemy champion with this wave of energy right before they enter a fight, it can help your team to secure kills even if they otherwise would have gotten away. Qiyana’s W also provides extra damage when used alongside her basic attacks or E ability making her a great assassin or skirmisher in the game. In addition to the damage, this wave also gives Qiyana some bonus attack speed which makes it very helpful when harrassing opponents at close range.
E – Elemental Wrath
Qiyana’s ultimate ability is “Elemental Wrath“. With this ability, Qiyana casts a wave of elemental power in the intended direction. Depending on the element chosen by Qiyana, the wave has different effects.
- If Qiyana chooses an Earth Element, allies in the wave receive 10% movement speed for 2 seconds, while enemies are slowed by 40% for 1.5 seconds.
- If she chooses a Wind Element, enemies take magic damage equal to 75% of her attack damage while also being knocked back and crippled. Allies instead gain 30 armor and magic resistance that decays after 3 seconds.
- If Qiyana chooses a Water Element, enemies take magic damage equal to 25% of her attack damage and have their magic resistance reduced by 15%. Allies heal for 20-100 (based on their level) while also gaining 15 bonus magic resistance that fades over 2 seconds.
- Last but not least, choosing a Fire Element will set enemies ablaze with bonus true damage over 5 seconds as well as reducing both their armor and magic resistance by 7%. Allies instead receive bonus attack speed for 4 seconds that decays over time.
R – Supreme Display of Talent
Qiyana’s R, Supreme Display of Talent, is an area of effect ultimate with a moderate cooldown. Qiyana dives onto the battlefield with a twisted tempest of wind and wind blades in tow. Enemies caught in its wake will be burdened by its crippling effects, losing a portion of their movement speed and maximum health.
The ability does not travel over walls but builds extra range as it expands outwards. If cast in an intense team fight, Qiyana will possess additional power and gain vision to track enemies who flee its reach. With proper use and combos, Supreme Display of Talent can be the deciding factor in securing major objective fights like Baron or Dragon.
Tips and Tricks
Qiyana is one of the powerful champions in League of Legends. Her versatile kit allows her to take on multiple roles in a squad. Knowing her strengths and weaknesses can be highly beneficial for players when it comes to team composition.
In this section, we will look at some tips and tricks to help you master Qiyana and gain the upper hand in the game.
How to Play Qiyana
Qiyana is a champion that can be daunting to play. Her complexity is both a blessing and a curse – it gives her the opportunity to surprise the enemy, but also makes it hard to learn how to fully use her skills in the most efficient way. To help you become an expert in playing Qiyana, here are some tips and tricks that you should follow when you queue up with her:
- Learn When and Where To Use Your Ultimate: Qiyana’s ultimate is incredibly powerful, but only if used correctly. Make sure to use your Ultimate when enemies are bunched up or in tight spaces such as narrow corridors or jungle pathways. This will ensure that all of your enemies get hit and take full advantage of its damage potential.
- Harass Early Game: One way to win games with Qiyana is by harassing enemies early game with powerful combos consisting of Q-W-E. The goal is to keep them pressured and make them think twice before going too deep into lane or overextending.
- Spam Your W Ability: Another great tip for playing Qiyana is spamming your W ability whenever possible (even if it means losing mana). This will give you an edge because it increases movement speed for short periods of time which allows you to catch up with enemies or escape from ganks easily!
- Play Proactive: Making decisions that benefit your team ahead of time can pay off 10-fold by making late game engagements much easier for everyone involved on your team’s side of the map! Keep an eye out for opportunities where settling fights before they begin can be beneficial – such as capturing objectives early enough so that the enemy doesn’t have a chance to contest them later on!
Best Items to Build on Qiyana
When playing Qiyana, a League of Legends champion, it is important to know which items to build on her in order to get the most out of her ability kit. Specific items will give you unique bonuses when you use them in combination with her abilities. Below are some great choices that will enhance your play experience with Qiyana and make it easier for you to dominate the Rift.
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade – This item is perfect for those who want to increase their attack speed and get a valuable movement speed boost when using Qiyana’s ultimate.
- Lich Bane – This item is great for player who fans of hybrid builds and want extra burst damage on top of their regular abilities. It also gives a considerable amount of mana and cooldown reduction, which can come in handy in long fights.
- Riftmaker – This item synergizes well with Qiyana’s passive and if you have been captaining stacks with her ult, it’ll give your there finally the extra damage required to secure kills confirms.
- Zhonya’s Hourglass – If you are looking for bonus armor against an AP heavy enemy team or if enemies have a lot of crowd control effects, this item provides bonus armor as well as a powerful active ability that makes it easier to survive long fights or ultimates stuns.
- Hextech Gunblade – this is excellent to pick up particularly against tanky teams in order to get extra attack damage mixed with AP power while still getting life steal and spellvamp from blue and red buff respectively without having doubled up on them yet.
Best Team Comps for Qiyana
Qiyana is a powerful assassin-mage champion in League of Legends who can easily burst down enemies with her elemental powers. Her kit makes her ideal for team fights and ganking, and she excels in side lane pressure. When it comes to creating an optimal team for Qiyana, it’s important to consider the rest of your lineup and the champions who can help you the most. Here are some of the best team comps for playing as Qiyana:
- Tank-Bruiser Team Comp: Tanks such as Maokai and Sejuani offer a lot of support for Qiyana, allowing her to stay safe during fight situations. Bruisers like Jarvan IV or Olaf can provide an effective frontline while Qiyana lays down damage from behind.
- AP Midline Team Comp: AP Champions like Lux or Ahri can help cover up any weaknesses in mid lane while providing extra utility to the entire team with their crowd control spells. Xin Zhao is a great pick when playing this comp because he provides a lot of offensive pressure while also being able to tank up damage in fights.
- Interruptive Team Comp: This type of comp focuses on providing more CC (crowd control) so that your allies can surround enemies before they have time to react. Cho’Gath, Skarner, or Malphite are all good picks for this kind of comp since they can disrupt enemy movements very quickly and efficiently with their CC abilities.
- Poke-Heavy Team Comp: Poke champions like Varus and Sivir have excellent range that allow them to put constant pressure on enemies from afar without having to commit too heavily into fights or put themselves at risk. Jhin or Twitch are also great options thanks to their unique range-attack kits which provide both poke damage as well as hard crowd control ultimates if needed.
Overall, Qiyana is an incredibly powerful champion who can be a great addition to any team. Her ability to control the battlefield and her team fight presence can be invaluable. She is versatile, can hold her own in most matchups, and is able to dish out damage with the best of them.
Players of all skill levels should give Qiyana a try and experience the power of this champion.
Summary of Qiyana’s Strengths and Weaknesses
Qiyana is a champion in the popular video game, League of Legends. She is a versatile fighter who can adapt her skills according to the needs of the team she’s playing with. In terms of strengths, Qiyana has great initiation potential due to her ability to isolate and combo enemies within a fight. Her ultimate also allows her to shift around the battlefield, giving her team an edge against opponents by exploiting unexpected angles that are hard to predict. Moreover, she can easily engage fights from afar as well as poke with sustained damage from up close.
On the other hand, Qiyana has some weaknesses which need to be addressed in order for her to reach a higher potential:
- Firstly, she lacks reliable crowd control abilities since most of them come from items or support champions in lane; thus, she relies heavily on enemy misplays in order to capitalize on her crowd control options at any given time.
- Secondly, she lacks escape tools and often gets caught out even when building full tank items which makes it difficult for her to make it out alive once an engagement goes south.
- Additionally, Qiyana’s damage output can be lower compared to other champions due to long cooldowns so if not utilized correctly can lead into stagnation during long drawn-out fights.
Final Thoughts on Qiyana
Qiyana is a powerful champion who can be played both aggressively and defensively depending on the situation. Her kit allows her to clear waves of minions quickly and burst down opponents in one fell swoop. In addition to her powerful kit, Qiyana has great synergy with many champions that benefit from either extra damage or additional crowd control, making her an effective member of a team composition.
While Qiyana’s abilities may seem intimidating at first, she can be played with simple combos in lane and easily taken control of during mid-game teamfights. Mastery of her ultimate is key though, as it provides invaluable answers to split-pushing enemies or all-in fights. Finally, don’t Forget that if you’re looking for more continuous damage than burst damage you can choose any controllable element other than Wind in your early laning phase.
Overall, Qiyana is a strong champion that should not be underestimated. With her wide range of abilities and potent waveclear she can take over any match with the right itemization and positioning. Whether you’re looking for a late-game split pusher, a midlaner with reliable crowd control or an aggressive frontliner who can outplay enemies from any position, consider giving Qiyana a try in your next game of League!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is Qiyana’s role in League of Legends?
Answer: Qiyana is an assassin champion in League of Legends. She specializes in dealing high amounts of damage in quick bursts.
Q2: What abilities does Qiyana have?
Answer: Qiyana has a variety of abilities, including her passive, Elemental Wrath, which gives her bonus damage based on her chosen element; her Q, Edge of Ixtal, which sends out a wave of energy in a line; her W, Terrashape, which creates a zone that deals damage and gives her movement speed; her E, Audacity, which dashes her forward; and her ultimate, Supreme Display of Talent, which gives her bonus damage and crowd control.
Q3: How do I build Qiyana in League of Legends?
Answer: Qiyana is best built with a focus on attack speed and damage items. Popular items include Infinity Edge, Rapid Firecannon, and Blade of the Ruined King. Additionally, runes such as Conqueror, Triumph, and Coup de Grace can help increase her damage output.