The League of Legends patch 12.6 has finally arrived after a month of waiting. We finally have the promised Mythic Overhaul and some long-awaited updates for champions.
Of course, there are far more changes in this patch than the Rengar update and the Mythic Overhaul, with Illaoi getting a lot of bugs regarding her own gameplay fixed, which will, hopefully, get her back into the limelight.
Rengar Updates in Patch 12.6
The way Riot see it, the goals with this update were to were to Rengar’s gameplay can be streamlined, his playstyle maintained, and his builds clarified.. Let’s all hope the new changes won’t be too bothersome.
Let’s have a look at these changes and decide for ourselves.
- Passive – Unseen Predator:
- Rengar’s next leap will grant 1 Ferocity only if he has 0 Ferocity ⇒ upon losing all Ferocity stacks, no matter how much Ferocity he gains before his next leap,
- Rengar will be capable of leaping after 0.35 seconds in brush and camouflage (or Senna’s E- Curse of the Black Mist Camouflage) consistently. However, the timer is 0.3-0.45 seconds. To compensate for variability, the range of leaps has been slightly increased.
- Rengar now has the Ferocity resource bar which indicates how much Ferocity Rengar has. Stacks generated by leaps will be a different colored so that you can see if Ferocity is coming your way.
- Stacks will now fall off within 10 seconds of being out-of-combat. However, the Bonetooth Necklace takes only 3 seconds to damage an enemy champion.
- Q – Savagery:
- Rengar’s Qempowered basic attack, which is always a critical hit, now has a Q-empowered component. Instead of regular critical strike damage, each 1% critical strike chance increases this empowered attack’s damage by 0.66%, or 0.99% with Infinity Edge’s Perfection passive,
- Savagery now also applies to basic attacks against towers, while it no longer applies against plants.
- E – Bola Strike
- Rengar now has the ability to throw his E during leaps with zero casting time. It also grants true sight and normal visual 150 units around enemies for 2 seconds.
- R – The thrill of the Hunt
- This grants true sight and normal vision for 100 units located around the enemy.
Illaoi Changes in Patch 12.6
Illaoi is not like Rengar who was majorly buffed under pretenses of adjustment. It’s geared towards dealing with the many bugs that may be found in her tentacles. This gives the champion more control, which is what she has in her kit.
- R – Leap of Faith: now casts with Illaoi facing toward your cursor, allowing for more favorable Tentacle spawn locations,
- When Illaoi attacks a Vessel while empowered by W – Harsh Lesson, nearby inactive Tentacles will now slam her target as soon as they become active, with the short delay removed,
- Spell queueing has now been added to W – Harsh Leson and R – Leap of Faith. You can now buffer other spells when casting them.
- W – Harsh Lesson has had her visual indicators fixed so that they will display the correct range of her empowered base attacks.
- Tentacles cannot spawn at either team’s base gates in Summoner’s Rift.
- When vessels expire or are destroyed they no longer contribute to Illaoi’s creep score.
- Q – Tentacle Smash and E- Test of Spirit are now visible to enemy champions nearby when cast from Fog of War.
Mythic Content Overhaul in Patch 12.6
Now, the Prestige Points and Gemstones are available combined into a single new currency that never expires, called Mythic Essence. Mythic essence can be earned wherever Gemstones or Prestige Points have been previously earned. Mythic Essence can be spent in the Mythic Store to purchase all items previously purchased by these currencies.
To celebrate the launch this new system, all players were given a special mission that gave them 10 Mythic Essence. This mission expires on May 2, 2022. Additionally, all Gemstones have been converted into Mythic Essence, with the conversion rate being 10 ME for one Gemstone.
- Apart from the rotation already mentioned regarding the Ashen Knight motif, Riot also unvaulted these skins over the next six-months:
- Prestige Arcanist Zoe – 125 ME,
- Prestige Spirit Blossom Teemo – 125 ME,
- Prestige Battle Queen Diana – 125 ME,
- Prestige PROJECT: Irelia – 150 ME,
- Prestige Pulsefire Thresh – 150 ME,
- Prestige K/DA Kai’Sa – 200 ME.
What Skins Were Released in patch 12.6?
Five champions received the Battle Bunny skin in patch 12.6, Jinx also receiving a Prestige edition of the skin.
- Battle Bunny Prime Riven
- Battle Bunny Miss Fortune
- Battle Bat Vayne
- Battle Bat Syslas
- Battle Cat Jinx
- Prestige Battle Cat Jinx
Even when you join a cute skin line, it seems like this. champions as badass as Vayne and Sylas have to get some cool animals to go along with their themeComparable to kitties and bunnies are bats
Pyke will get a skin other than the Battle Bunny Skin line. It was perfectly in line with his theme. Ashen Knight Pike is the obvious choice.
If you’re interested in the changes other champions have experienced with patch 12.6, check out all the various buff and nerfs Riot are handing out.