It’s now, rock girl appreciators! Taliyah’s rework The League of Legends client has been live since Patch 12.9. Riot put a lot effort and time into this. Update on Taliyah’s reworkWe will break it down to you!
Riot did a lot of experimentation when it came to this rework. They tried many different ways of shifting her numbers and kits, but finally settled on some remarkable changes that will propel her to the mid lane while still making her viable as an jungler. This means Support Taliyah has a bit less power, but don’t worry – APC Taliyah still exists! What did Riot do to change? Let’s jump in!
Taliyah 12.9 Updates
Riot had to do a lot of work with this rework. Taliyah is no longer viable as a mid-laner, but she was once very oppressive. Riot decided to nerf many of Taliyah’s strengths in order to avoid making her a monster. They decided to rebuild the champion starting from the bottom. Let’s get started with the changes made to Taliyah’s base stats.
Taliyah Base Stat Adjustments
|Base Health Regen||
|Health Regen Growth||
|Base Mana Regen||
|Mana Regen Growth||
These are mostly nerfs all around, as we can see. Perhaps one point of interest is how they made their decision. Increase her base mana to 45 This change will greatly benefit Taliyah in mid-lane. Since her Q was removed from her AOE damage, she has been having mana issues. They’ve also brought it back with some Her passive lifestyle has made a significant improvement in quality of her life.
Taliyah Passive Adjustments
|Out of Combat Bonus Speed||
|When Terrain is not in sight, passive fall off time||
In general, you will feel slower in your early games. This is most important for JungleWall-riding can help with early cheese ganks, so it’s worth considering. Taliyah will not be able to get back to lane as quickly in the early game, so it is worth noting. Here’s the deal: The passive has a shorter fall-off and better scaling.. These two changes might not seem like much. But Experienced Taliyah players will immediately notice the difference.
Taliyah Q Rework
This rework has gone through many iterations over the past few weeks, as previously stated. Riot August sent a tweet informing us that they are bringing back Taliyah’s AOE Q.
The Taliyah midscope update should be posted to PBE tmrw in patch 12.9
(+) AoEQ, lower QCD, Worked groundQ is STRONG. E is more range and stuns the dashers. Significant usability improvements have been made to P,W, and R
(-) Nerfs to cause burst damage, early roaming, and other nuisances
We welcome your feedback! pic.twitter.com/mzEvbSPOfF
— August (@RiotAugust) April 25, 2022
Even though Riot seemed indecisive at times with this rework, they decided to keep the AOE Q changes and expand further upon Taliyah’s Q buff from Patch 11.18 which allowed for cooldown reduction when casting Threaded Volley (Q) while standing on worked ground. They have now introduced the boulder to take that idea even further.
Q – Threaded volley
- Mana cost: 50/60/70/80/90 – 60/65/70/75/80/80
- Cooldown: 7/6/5/4/3 Seconds to 6.5/5.5/4.5/3.5/2.5/2.5 Seconds
- 1-Rock Damage: 70/95/120/145/170 (+45% APR) to 38/61/84/107/130 (50% APR)
- Subsequent Stone Shards can reduce damage Between 50% and 60%
- 5-Rock Damage: 210/285/360/435/510 (+135% AP) to 98.8/158.6/218.4/278.2/338 (+130% AP)
- Subsequent Stone Shards against Monsters can reduce damage 25% to 60%
This may seem like a lot, but it’s not! Before we get on to the new effects, let us take a look at what happened. TThe Q mana cost of Aliyah will be higher early than later.. Her Q cooldown will be reduced. Her Q damage is taking a big hit. This falls in line with Riot intends to decrease her burst-oriented playstyle.
Taliyah Q Rework – New Effects
- Each Stone Shard now deals 30 (+0% AP) additional damage to monsters
- Stone Shards deal damage in an area of 175 radii (approximately 1.6 Teemos)
- Threaded Volley continues to cast while Taliyah’s in Stasis
- Casting Q- Threaded Volley of Worked Ground now causes the Worked Ground’s to be consumed by Casting Q. This allows for a single Boulder to fire that deals double damage [76/122/168/214/260 (+100% AP)] And Slows all targets within a 225 AoE range 30/35/40/45/50% 2 seconds
- Mana Cost for Worked Ground 1-20
- Minimum Cooldown for Worked Ground: 1 second to 0.75 second
- Worked Ground Duration 25 seconds ⇒ 30 seconds
- Worked Ground Radius 300 ⇒ 400
It’s all there. Riot has clearly spent a lot of time and effort on this rework. I can’t remember the last time I read this many words in League of Legends, maybe it was Aphelios’ release? Check out the video below to see how it looks!
Did you think that we were done with this article? There are still 50 changes to be made! We are not even half-way!
Taliyah W Rework
You guys might not know that Taliyah’s W’s is called Seismic Shove. This ability is truly extraordinary, as you can create a massive rock out of the ground that will knock your opponent(s), or both, in the direction you choose. It’s not easy to hit it and use it properly. Previously, If you are unable to consistently land this ability, – You could not play the champion. Now, Riot has taken steps to improve its reliability and reduce its difficulty for all players – While removing its damage component.
W – Seismic Shove
- Mana cost: 70/80/90/100/110 up to 40/30/20/10/0
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 secs to 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 second
- Knock Up Radius: 200-225
- Time Delay before Knocking Up From 0.8 seconds to 0.75 second
- W – Seismic Shove no longer deals damage
Riot didn’t have to write 20 pages about this ability. However, they made some significant changes that reduced the time delay before the knockup. This change along with the large reduction in mana cost & cooldown reduction should make it a less punishing part of her kit to misuse.
Taliyah E Rework
This is what I love about Taliyah’s rework. Taliyah can theoretically be described as a “talliyah”. was always meant to be an anti-mobility champion (like Vex). Riot is a real person. She failed to make her kit work for this purpose. While Her E can do damage to you if it is hurled at you, it is more often used to blast champions with the EW combination. Realistically, most champs don’t care about inflicting 300 damage on your face. Riot has made E an effective tool to punish annoying dashers.
E – Unraveled Earth
- Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8 second to 16/15/14/13/12 second
- Damage to the Initial Cast: 50/75/100/125/150 (40% AP), to 60/105/150/195/240 (60% AP).
- Slow strength20% (plus 4% AP) from 20/22/24/26/28%. (AP ratio removed).
- Boulder Detonation Damage: 50/60/70/80/90 (-30% AP), to 25/45/65/85/105 (-30% AP).
- Damage Reduction Per Subsequent Rock Hit15% to 25%
- Maximum Boulder Detonation Loss: 155/186/217/248/279 (+93% AP) to 62.5/112.5/162.5/212.5/262.5 (+75% AP)
- The delay between casting and spewing the first row of Boulders0.1 seconds to zero seconds
- After the First Row, there is a delay between the second and third rows of spawning boulders: 0.1 to 0.17 seconds
- Unraveled Earth now has 6 rows of boulders that extend outwards towards Taliyah, with 4 boulders per each row (Previously, there were 4 rows of boulders each with 6 boulders per row).
- Boulders stun enemies who dash through them during the dash + 0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9/1 seconds. (Note: The maximum stun duration is 2 seconds.
Monsters will remain stunned for their maximum duration.
- After four seconds, Unraveled Earth stops exploding to do additional damage
This is a great change for Taliyah. This will help her greatly in many of the mid-lane match-ups she struggles in. You now have a way of punishing champions for jumping on you. It should allow for more skill expression and limit testing.
Taliyah R Rework
Riot attempted to give Taliyah players something for this rework. more quality-of-life changes Along with a nerf You must ensure that the midlane win-rate does not get out of control. When she was a S-tier mid laner, her mobility was a major part of her strength. Riot decided to reduce the range because of her ult, which allows her to quickly roam to other lanes.
R – Weaver’s Wall
- The Range: 3000/4500/6000 up to 2500/4500/6500
- Jumping off a Wall: Dash Range: 400-700
- Jumping off a Wall at a Speed of Dash 1000 to 120
- Moving Taliyah while she is riding the Weaver’s Wall now causes Taliyah to dash to the location clicked, up to the maximum dash range instead of dropping her perpendicular to the wall.
- When you are trying to run through the terrain, it is easier to dashing after jumping off the wall.
- Damage from enemy champions or structures now prevents Taliyah from casting R – Weaver’s Wall for 3 seconds
- TTaliyah’s wall is not being knocked down by aking damage
This is where the biggest change occurs. It’s now much easier for Taliyah to escape and engage whenever she needs, since she can’t knock her off her wall by taking damage.. Riot added a new mechanic called the dash to Weaver’s Wall. It should be a lot more expressive.
Taliyah Rework Rundown
Overall, Taliyah will be a more unique champion than she was before. Riot has made some great changes that should allow Taliyah to return to the mid-lane. Although it may take some time to determine the best runes or builds for this new Taliyah version, we will definitely be able to discuss them at a later date.
- While you wait, make sure to visit our other guides!
Do you want more LoL content? It’s compact, direct, and delivers the quality you expect. Keep checking Riftfeed for more information!